Mangahaul April 2022

  Welcome to my monthly Mangahaul! 

Since I love to talk about Manga, here we go!

Everything I got for April 2022: Manga, games and artbooks!
"After the Rain" is a beautiful and artsy story! I loved the German release since it comes with a beautiful box and artprints as well! I was stingy so I waited to find a good price on ebay Kleinanzeigen!

Berserk Hardcover Edition: Since the sudden death of Miura-sensei, I wanted to at least own one of the many beautiful editions out there. In Germany we have at least 3 editions and the first one has moon prices (more than 100€/ volume), so I settled for this hardcover leather edition in English! They are quite pricey (45€/ volume), so I only order one volume per month!

Inu Yasha New Edition: Inu Yasha was one of my very first Manga and I totally missed the new and shiny edition a couple of years ago. Now there'll be a reprint and to be "prepared" (XD) I ordered all volumes that you can get for the normal price!

Radiant: Back in the days Radiant was published by a tiny publisher and only the first couple of volumes got released. I missed it and was SO happy to hear that altraverse will print it again! And not only that: it'll get a brand-new box!

Monthly volumes: Demon Slayer (13), Princess Sakura 2-in-1 (5) Persona 5 (2), Spy x Family (8), More than a Doll (4, 5)
I try to be up-to-date with all my series! Thanks to some subscription services, this isn't a problem at all!

Card Captor Sakura Collector's Edition: I finally bought the three last missing volumes! I ADORE those new covers, although I wish they had colored pages inside. Nevertheless, this edition is breathtaking!

Young Bride's Story Hardcover Edition: I already have all the other English volumes and only volume 3 was missing! I am so happy that I can finally add it to my collection! Kaori Mori has such a refined style, it simply blows me away!

Baten Kaitos artbook: When I played this game in 2006, I madly fell in love with its mechanics and world building. The artbook was too expensive back then and I hadn't had the chance to get my hands on one! So FINALLY I got it and what can I say?! Nostalgia! Pure bliss! I am so HYPER for whatever news that is around the corner for this game series! 

Emma Guide: Since I adore Kaori Mori's style, I wanted the Emma guide for quite some time! Now I finally got it for around 500 Yen and it is a joy to look at it, even if there's a lot written material in there!

Violet Evergarden Background Collection: This was a limited artbook which I totally missed! Thanks to twitter I got to know it and was blown away when I saw some pages! It was crystal clear that my background-loving heart had to get this jewel of an artbook! It wasn't cheap (around 7000 Yen), but worth every Yen!

Memories of Cinema: Makoto Shinkai's movies are art. This artbook is small and only has a couple of pages, but the printing quality is beautiful and the art inside is mesmerizing! Honestly, I could study every paint stroke for hours and still be amazed. It was very cheap, too (300 Yen).

The Nintendo eShop closed back in March and I was frantically searching for games I still wanted to own physically. I know that the internal batteries will likely die one day, but my heart is at piece when I can touch the games instead of just looking at them in digital space.
I searched on ebay Kleinanzeigen, amazon and especially on Twitter and found real treasures! I am especially happy with the Yokai Watch games! I don't know when I have the time to play them all, but I am more than ready to do so!
I already own the 13 Sentinels game for the PS, but it is so mesmerizing I also wanted it on a portable console!

Last but not least here are some close-ups!:




And part two! I got myself the limited edition of Yona and Green Garden as well as some first run editions of Hatsu*Haru and Fushigi Yuugi, so I got the I love Shoujo cards! ////

I was really excited to read Frieren and I found it was splendid! Can't wait to read the upcoming volumes, too!

I absolutely adore these two acrylic standees!

Since I am a big Yuu Watase fan, I HAD TO get this shop-only postcard, too!


Look at this pretty poster! /// I have to find an appropriate place to put it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Journaling

A Month in My Life (January 2023)

A Month in My Life (December 2022)